St Albans HC aspires to be a thriving, expanding regional hockey hub, supporting playing, spectating, coaching and officiating activities for all levels and ages; with Oaklands as a vibrant and welcoming home; building partnerships with schools, colleges, universities, disability groups and the ?wider community; and promoting participation, leadership and excellence.
1. PLAYER BASE. The club aims to provide challenging and enjoyable hockey to both genders, all age groups and all levels of ability. As part of this, the club aims to:-
- have Ladies’ and Men’s teams playing at the highest levels of both outdoor and indoor hockey.
- provide a coordinated coaching and playing structure for youth players, including a defined process to develop youth players into adult sides as soon as appropriate.
- promote disability hockey.
2. COACHING. The club aims to make coaching available to all members, and to develop coaches and umpires from within the club.
3. SOCIAL. The club aims to develop a vibrant social aspect to the club.
4. FACILITIES. The club aims to provide first class facilities for the playing and non playing aspects of the club.
5. REGIONAL, NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL HOCKEY. The club aims to be leading participant in regional and national hockey matters, and to be one of the premier locations for regional, national and international hockey events.
6. LOCAL COMMUNITY. The club aims to be an active contributor to the local community, including the development of links with local schools.
7. FINANCES. The club aims to maintain a robust financial position. In order to support our other objectives and keep subscription levels at reasonable levels the club aims to substantially increase the proportion of non-subscription income.
8. MANAGEMENT. The club aims to operate efficiently, supported by timely and open communication.
Text from this page is available to download as a pdf here
Open invitation from St Albans Hockey Club